Category C: Participants from 16 to 25 years old
The competition in Category C will take place in three rounds (first rounds after recordings, semi-final and final round for maximum 10 invited candidates in Neuchâtel the 27th-28th February 2021)
FIRST ROUND :
RECORDING of the program must not exceed 13 minutes and must include :
- One Prelude and Fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier, Books 1 or 2 by J. S. Bach
- One Chopin study
- One study by Liszt, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Scriabin, Ligeti, Chin or Rubinstein
SECOND RECORDING must be made and send before the 25th January 2021 by selected candidates after first round. They will have to record first mouvement of concerto chosen for the final round with or without accompagnement.
SEMI-FINAL in Neuchâtel Conservatory the 27th February (10 selected candidates will be invited to play recital)
RECITAL of 35-40 minutes must include:
- One Beethoven Sonata of free choice(one mouvement)
- One piece written after 1960 or piece of
J-Ph Bauermeister (ask by mail)
- One or several pieces of free choice
All works must be played from memory.
Only works written after 1960 can be performed with music.
FINAL ROUND in TEMPLE DU BAS 28th February(5 selected candidates) : first mouvement of concertos with ensemble:
- W.-A. Mozart, Concerto No 9, KV 271, 1st mouvement
- W.-A. Mozart, Concerto No 20, KV 466, 1st mouvement
- F. Chopin, Concerto No 1, opus 11, 1st mouvement
- L. van Beethoven, Concerto No 4, opus 58, 1st mouvement