Category C: Participants born on or after February 24, 1998
The competition in Category C will take place in three rounds (first rounds after recordings, semi-final and final round in Neuchâtel the 24th-26th February 2023)
FIRST ROUND :
RECORDING of the program must not exceed 13 minutes and must include :
- One Prelude and Fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier, Books 1 or 2 by J. S. Bach
- One Chopin study
- One study by Liszt, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Scriabin, Ligeti, Chin or Rubinstein
SEMI-FINAL in Neuchâtel Conservatory the 24th February maximum (20 selected candidates will be invited to play recital)
RECITAL of 30-35 minutes must include:
- One or several pieces of free choice
- One piece written after 1960 or
« Toccata » or « Petite invention » of
J-Ph Bauermeister (ask by mail)
All works must be played from memory.
Only works written after 1960 can be performed with music.
FINAL ROUND in TEMPLE DU BAS 26th February (5 selected candidates) :
with conservatory string orchestra « La Stravaganza » under conducting Carole Hearing and Louis Pantillon.
- J-S Bach, Concerto BWV 1056
- W.-A. Mozart, Concerto No 12, KV 414
- W.-A. Mozart, Concerto No 13, KV 415
- F. Chopin, Concerto No 1, opus 11