Category C: Participants from 16 to 25 years old
The competition in Category C will take place in three rounds.
FIRST ROUND :
The program must not exceed 13 minutes and must include :
- One Prelude and Fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier, Books 1 or 2 by J. S. Bach
- One Chopin study
- One study by Liszt, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Scriabin, Ligeti, Chin or Rubinstein
SECOND ROUND :
Recital of 45 minutes
The program must include:
- One Beethoven Sonata of free choice
- One piece written after 1960
- One or several pieces of free choice
All works must be played from memory.
Only works written after 1960 can be performed with music.
THIRD ROUND with ensemble
First mouvement of concerti:
- W.-A. Mozart, Concerto No 9, KV 271, 1st mouvement
- W.-A. Mozart, Concerto No 20, KV 466, 1st mouvement
- F. Mendelssohn, Concerto No 1, opus 25, 1st mouvement
- F. Chopin, Concerto No 1, opus 11, 1st mouvement
- L. van Beethoven, Concerto No 4, opus 58, 1st mouvement